By Hugo Veenstra
Knowing greatest functionality from excessive bit-rate and RF circuits calls for shut recognition to IC know-how, circuit-to-circuit interconnections (i.e., the interconnect ) and circuit layout. Circuit and Interconnet layout for RF and excessive Bit-rate purposes covers every one of those subject matters from idea to perform, with enough aspect that will help you produce circuits which are first-time correct . a radical research of the interaction among on-chip circuits and interconnects is gifted, together with sensible examples in excessive bit-rate and RF purposes. optimal interconnect geometries for the distribution of RF indications are defined, including basic versions for normal interconnect geometries that trap attribute impedance and propagation hold up throughout a huge frequency variety. The analyses additionally covers single-ended and differential geometries, in order that the clothier can include the consequences of interconnections once expected interconnect lengths can be found. program of interconnect layout is illustrated utilizing a 12.5 Gb/s crosspoint change instance taken from a quantity construction half.
Read or Download Circuit and Interconnect Design for High Bit-Rate Applications (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing) PDF
Similar design & architecture books
As Cavalli and Sarma astutely remarked within the advent to this quantity, it truly is relatively amazing that SDL '97 can have the 1st player more youthful than SDL itself. SDL '97 offers the chance to mirror the path SDL has taken and why it's been winning over 20 years the place different languages addressing an identical industry have failed.
The ongoing aid of characteristic sizes into the nanoscale regime has resulted in dramatic raises in transistor densities. Integration at those degrees has highlighted the criticality of the on-chip interconnects. Network-on-Chip (NoC) architectures are seen as a potential technique to burgeoning international wiring delays in many-core chips, and feature lately crystallized right into a major examine area.
Digital systems are discovering frequent use in either pre- and post-silicon software program and procedure improvement. They lessen time to industry, enhance procedure caliber, make improvement extra effective, and allow actually concurrent hardware/software layout and bring-up. digital structures elevate productiveness with unheard of inspection, configuration, and injection services.
- Deep-Submicron CMOS ICs - From Basics to ASICs
- Autonomic Computing Enabled Cooperative Networked Design (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science)
- Chip Multiprocessor Architecture: Techniques to Improve Throughput and Latency (Synthesis Lectures on Computer Architecture)
- Near Threshold Computing: Technology, Methods and Applications
- Solitons and instantons, Edition: 2nd repr. 1989
- Languages, Design Methods, and Tools for Electronic System Design: Selected Contributions from FDL 2015 (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
Additional info for Circuit and Interconnect Design for High Bit-Rate Applications (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
Solid-State Circuits, vol. 31, No. 12, December 1996, pp. 2056–2059. 7. B. Lai, R. Walker, “A Monolithic 622 Mb/s clock extraction data retiming circuit,” ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers, February 1991, pp. 144–145. 8. J. Lee, B. 18 µm CMOS technology,” ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers, 2003, pp. 242–244. 9. [Online]. com/Measurement/App Notes/SONET 10. S. Lowe, “Bufferless broadcasting: a low power distributed circuit technique for broadcasting 10-Gb/s chip input signals,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 32, No.
25. P. Baltus, A. Wagemans, R. Dekker, A. Hoogstrate, H. Maas, A. Tombeur, J. 6-GHz VCO in silicon on anything,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 33, No. 12, December 1998, pp. 2074–2079. 26. H. -M. Rein, “Millimeter-wave VCOs with wide tuning range and low phase noise, fully integrated in a SiGe bipolar production technology,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 38, No. 2, February 2003, pp. 184–191. 27. S. Hackl, J. Bock, G. Ritzberger, M. L. Scholtz, “A 28-GHz monolithic integrated quadrature oscillator in SiGe bipolar technology,” IEEE J.
6 GHz, while fε will drop at higher substrate resistivities. Thus, for 10–40 Gb/s applications and ρsub > 10 Ω · cm, the substrate model needs to include both resistance and capacitance. Moreover, onchip transmission lines that are not shielded from the substrate will show a change in capacitance to ground, and hence a change in characteristic impedance and delay around fε . Highly doped layers should also be modelled as a resistor in parallel to a capacitor. However, the cut-off frequency for high-doped layers is extremely high, and therefore the shunt capacitance may be ignored.