By B.S. Dhillon
Computer structures became an incredible portion of the area economic system, with billions of bucks spent every year on improvement, manufacture, operation, and upkeep. Combining insurance of machine method reliability, protection, usability, and different similar themes right into a unmarried quantity, Computer process Reliability: defense and Usability gets rid of the necessity to seek advice many various and various assets searching for the knowledge required to layout greater computers.
After proposing introductory facets of laptop approach reliability reminiscent of safeguard, usability-related proof and figures, phrases and definitions, and resources for acquiring necessary info on computing device method reliability, safeguard, and value, the book:
- Reviews mathematical options thought of important to knowing next chapters
- Presents quite a few introductory elements of reliability, security, and value and laptop procedure reliability basics
- Covers software program reliability overview and development methods
- Discusses vital features of software program caliber and human errors and software program insects in computing device systems
- Highlights software program defense and web reliability
- Details vital elements of software program usability together with the necessity for contemplating usability throughout the software program improvement section, software program usability engineering method, software program usability inspection tools, software program usability try equipment, and instructions for undertaking software program usability testing
- Elucidates net usability proof and figures, universal layout blunders, online page layout, instruments for comparing internet usability, and inquiries to review web site message communique effectiveness
- Examines very important elements of desktop procedure lifestyles cycle costing
Written via structures reliability specialist B.S. Dhillon, the publication is out there to all degrees of readership, making it precious to newcomers and professional execs alike. Reflecting useful developments in laptop engineering specially within the region of software program, Dhillon emphasizes the significance of usability in software program platforms and expands reliability to internet usability and administration. It presents tools for designing platforms with elevated reliability, safeguard, and usability.
Read or Download Computer system reliability : safety and usability PDF
Similar design & architecture books
As Cavalli and Sarma astutely remarked within the advent to this quantity, it really is really notable that SDL '97 could have the 1st player more youthful than SDL itself. SDL '97 presents the chance to mirror the direction SDL has taken and why it's been profitable over twenty years the place different languages addressing a similar marketplace have failed.
The continued aid of function sizes into the nanoscale regime has resulted in dramatic raises in transistor densities. Integration at those degrees has highlighted the criticality of the on-chip interconnects. Network-on-Chip (NoC) architectures are considered as a potential option to burgeoning worldwide wiring delays in many-core chips, and feature lately crystallized right into a major examine area.
Digital structures are discovering frequent use in either pre- and post-silicon software program and method improvement. They lessen time to industry, enhance approach caliber, make improvement extra effective, and permit really concurrent hardware/software layout and bring-up. digital systems bring up productiveness with unprecedented inspection, configuration, and injection services.
- Peripherals for Computer Systems
- Rechnerarchitektur, 2nd Edition
- The Art of Hardware Architecture: Design Methods and Techniques for Digital Circuits
- Motion Control for Intelligent Automation (IFAC Postprint Volume)
Extra info for Computer system reliability : safety and usability
This section presents four such formulas that are based on the reliability function. 5). 7) are the expressions for the computer system failure density function and hazard rate function, respectively. 4). 8) over the time interval [0,t], we obtain − since at time t = 0, R(t) = 1. , exponential, Rayleigh, and Weibull) is known. 1). 11). 12) is the expression for the microprocessor’s reliability. 14) are identical. 14) give the identical end results. 4 Reliability Configurations In performing reliability analysis, the analyst can encounter computer systems in a variety of different configurations.
Definitions for hardware and software engineers. London: Springer-Verlag. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). (1994). Standard for software safety plans (IEEE-STD-1228). New York, NY: Author. Dhillon, B. S. (1986). Human reliability: With human factors. New York, NY: Pergamon Press. 39. Department of Defense. (1992). Definitions of human factors terms (MIL-STD-1908). Washington, DC: Author. 40. Naresky, J. J. (1970). Reliability definitions. IEEE Trans. on Reliability, 19, 198–200.
Needless to say, additional information on the historical developments in mathematics is available in the literature [1, 2]. This chapter presents some mathematical concepts that will be helpful in understanding subsequent chapters of this book. 2 Arithmetic Mean and Mean Deviation A set of data is only useful if it is analyzed properly. Certain characteristics are important in describing the nature of a given data set. This section presents two statistical measures that are useful in performing computer system reliability-related analysis [3–5].